Enhance your career!
Affordable, high-quality workshops and certificate programs for nonprofit professionals in the areas of management, leadership, grant writing, fundraising, marketing and more.
Focus on your future!
Special training cohort opportunities focused on specific topics for nonprofit leaders.
Connect with us!
Membership program with valuable resources and benefits. Contact Membership at [email protected]
Course Description... What role do Grit and Resilience play in Non-Profit Leadership? From our studies and experience we say a great deal. We all know the extreme challenges we face with non-profit leadership – decreasing budgets, challenges to maintaining top talent, emotionally taxing world-changing causes, high turnover and high burnout. These are just a few of the challenges that we as non-profit leaders face on a daily basis. So, what do we have to rely on to help us carry on each and ? Enter Grit and Resilience. These two factors have been identified in many leaders and top performers and contribute more to performance than raw talent. Grit is a measure of passion and performance for long term goals. Grit is getting up off the mat, grit is going into work each and every day (and sometimes every night), grit is never eating the marshmallow. In this class we will examine the role of grit in our lives as non-profit leaders and what it remind and encourage us about our role and model for leaders of our organization and our people.
1. Identify and define grit and resilience
2. Equip you with tools to identify grit in yourself, your non-profit team and stakeholders
3. Develop a proactive plan to cultivate grit in your people
4. Work grit and resilience into the culture of your organization
5. Develop grit as a characteristic for which you hire (and fire)
6. Learn to celebrate grit in your stories and make it a part of your non-profit’s identity
7. Become grittier leaders and grittier organizations – always get up off the mat!
1. This class will be held April 16th from 9am to 12:30pm.
2. Refreshments will be offered during class.
3. If you are a member of the San Antonio Area Foundation, cost of this class is discounted 25%. Please reach out to [email protected] for coupon before registration.
Please notify us at [email protected] if you have any unique accommodation needs.
Your personal data will not be shared, transferred or sold to third parties.
You can withdraw consent to use your personal data at any time by emailing [email protected]. Please write “Withdraw My Data” in the subject line of your email.
The San Antonio Area Foundation has a no refund policy.
If a workshop and/or class has been unexpectedly cancelled and/or postponed by the Area Foundation, a refund or credit towards another workshop and/or class will be issued. If a registrant is unable to attend a workshop and/or class, a substitute may be sent or a credit may be issued. No credits will be given for cancellations received less than 48 hours before a workshop.